Last night truly was our Shipping Out Shindig: drinks were drank, shapes were thrown, songs were sung and laughs were most definitely had! So as I type this, feeling a bit tired and tender (and that’s just my feet- heels are no ones friend) I would like to start by saying a huge thank you to everyone who was able to come along last night, James, Natalie and myself, had such a fantastic time and we hope you did too! We couldn’t have asked for a better night, or a better group of people to spend it with.
Hey! Hi there! Welcome! Come on in, take a seat, we’ve put the kettle on!
Welcome to Opal & Smoke’s first blog post. Hatti (that’s me!) and James are about to embark on a round the world trip followed by a year in Australia. And what better way to record our trip for ourselves, our loved ones, and anyone else who may be interested, than in blog form?
So here’s the bit where we tell you a little about ourselves:
- Originally hailing from almost opposite ends of the UK: Hatti from Portsmouth and James from Edinburgh. They met while both studying in “The Granite City” that is Aberdeen, back in 2009 and have been inseparable ever since.
- Both coming from creative backgrounds: James an architect, and Hatti an artist. We both enjoy taking in and putting out creativity wherever we can.
- Travelling has always been high on the Bucket List: This year at our first opportunity, we have been able to book our globe-trotting trip. We’re so excited to see the world, experience new cultures, eat new people and meet new food!
- We both enjoy running and general fitness – this was news to me about 4 years ago as while James has always been very active, I on the other hand “didn’t run” and preferred a different fitness routine…fitness whole pizza in my mouth. I soon learned that running can actually be fun and never looked back, and so we hope to continue this in our new surroundings too!
- Other interests and hobbies include – but are not limited to: cycling, music, food, printmaking, furniture making and up-cycling, good TV shows, and reading… other peoples mail…
Our trip is coming round quickly now and we’ll be updating as we get closer to Blast Off and Beyond!
Thanks for stopping by, come again soon, we’ll get biscuits in next time!